WHY IS IT IMPORTANT ?
Apprenticeships are a key priority on the governments agenda, equipping individuals with the skills that employers require to grow and compete in their industry. Apprenticeships allow talented young people to gain the technical skills and underpinning knowledge through on-the-job training with the employer, supported by the Apprenticeship provider, however, Apprentices are often new to the workplace with little previous working experience, and may lack some of the key employability skills that they need to be successful within a business.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAMME ?
BSA Training’s Apprenticeship Development Programme is designed to fill the gaps in their learning and ultimately prepare them for the working environment. The programme delivers key skills including:
- Understanding their personal strengths, behavioural preferences & the benefits they can bring to the business.
- Developing professional working relationships with colleagues, managers & external stakeholders, and positively representing the business.
- Developing confidence & self-belief to move beyond their ‘comfort-zone’ and the resilience to manage challenges & set-backs.
- Effective time management & forward planning.
- Developing interpersonal and communication skills & interacting with a diverse range of individuals.
WHAT TOPICS ARE COVERED ?
The programme combines 6 monthly sessions touching upon key topics:
Each workshop will equip the Apprentices with the vital knowledge, skills and attitude to allow them to be a successful part of your business, and reflect upon and discuss each key area to contextualise their new skills specifically for their industry.
Session 1 – Managing Yourself
- Self-assessment of their skills to benchmark strengths & areas for development
- Identify preferred Working Style, & when & how to flex to get the best out of people and situations Administration of psychometric tool to identify behavioural preferences
- The importance of a can-do attitude & seeking, creating and grasping opportunities
- Development of personal action plan to address areas for development & achieve personal & business goals
Session 2 – Team Working
- Understand different types of teams & how to be an effective team player
- Administration of Team Profiling tool to identify their Team Role preferences
- Practice of key skills to develop & maintain effective relationships (rapport-building, questioning, listening, feedback, communication, & body language)
- How to deal with different people (including difficult ones)
Session 3 – Confidence Building
- Techniques for improving their confidence & self-worth
- Developing practical strategies for handling criticisms
- How to give their opinion & give feedback
- Learn strategies for saying No!
- What things might affect their confidence and what they can do about it
Session 4 – Communication Skills
- The importance of understanding perspectives & relating to the thoughts & experiences of others Active Listening – listen effectively to avoid misunderstandings
- Questioning and listening skills to acquire information & avoid misunderstandings
- Importance of non-verbal signals, gestures, facial expression, body language, appearance etc.
- How to give positive & negative feedback
Session 5 – Time Management
- The importance of good time management
- Review of their daily, weekly & monthly activity identifying what is consuming their time & minimising the impact
- High pay-off activities vs. low pay-off activities & techniques for managing time well
- How to prioritise tasks so the urgent & important things get done
Session 6 – Customer Service
- What is ‘customer experience’
- Customer needs, wants & expectations & how does the business compare
- Customer-focused skills & behaviours
- How to handle complaints & turn an unhappy customer into a happy one
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
The costs for the 6 sessions will be £500 per learner.
WHEN & WHERE WILL THE TRAINING TAKE PLACE ?
The above programme will be available as either an in-house (minimum of 8 Apprentices) or open programme across the Sheffield City Region.
Sheffield Programme (Date TBC) at Sheffield City Council, 145 Crookesmoor Road, Sheffield, S6 3FP
Rotherham Programme (Date TBC) at Aardvark Swift, 16, Nightingale Court, Nightingale Cl, Rotherham S60 2AB
Doncaster Programme (Date TBC) at YMCA Doncaster, 31 Wood St, Doncaster DN1 3LH
Barnsley Programme (Date TBC) at Barnsley Town Hall, Church St, Barnsley S70 2TA
How to book?
For more information or to book a place(s) please contact Bobby Singh on email@example.com or 07989 111 711