Our most popular and successful training programme, ‘Managing Yourself, Relationships & Tasks’ is a development programme designed to equip employees with the underpinning knowledge, skills and attitude to:
- Manage & Understand Yourself
- Manage & Develop Effective Relationships with Colleagues, Customers and Suppliers
- Manage Key Tasks and the Business as a Whole
The programme is delivered in 3 separate sessions, each specialising in one of the above ‘core development areas’ (further information on each of the sessions below). Employees at all levels of a business or organisation, from entry level, operational staff, to Managers and Directors can benefit from the expertise offered on this programme, which improves efficiency and overall achievement in a professional setting.
It will not only provide new knowledge, behaviour and skills, we will ensure that it provides a return on your investment as they are aligned to your personal and your organisational objectives. The sessions will be practical with lots of opportunity on the day to reflect, discuss and contextualise how they will use this new learning back in the workplace.
FUNDING AVAILABLE! You can also access up to 70% funding, which is available to any business within the Sheffield City Region. Contact us to find out more.
3-Tier Package System
To enable the ‘Managing Yourself, Relationships & Tasks’ programme to be accessible to all, we offer a 3-tier system with three separate packages to suit your specific needs and requirements.
- PACKAGE 1 – Programme Taster Package
- This package offers the learner or group of learners with a ‘lite’ version of the programme.
- Learner chooses to undertake ONE of the three programme sessions; either ‘Managing & Understanding Yourself’, ‘Managing & Developing Effective Relationships with Colleagues, Customers & Suppliers’ or ‘Managing Key Tasks & the Business as a Whole’.
- This is suited to those who want to try out the programme before committing to packages 2 or 3, to get to know the trainers and understand more of the business benefits that your organisation will take away from the programme
- PACKAGE 2 – Three-Session & ToolKit Package
- This packages allows the learner or group of learners to undertake all three of the programme sessions, ‘Managing & Understanding Yourself’, ‘Managing Developing Effective Relationships with Colleagues, Customers & Suppliers’ or ‘Managing Key Tasks & the Business as a Whole’.
- Learners will also benefit from applying and taking away an extensive toolkit of exercises, case studies and templates specific to their business to apply in their work place, as well as the creation of an action plan based on the knowledge and skills covered in each session.
- PACKAGE 3 – Comprehensive Three-Session, Toolkit and Coaching Package
- This package allows the learner or group of learners to undertake all three of the programme sessions, and will also benefit from the toolkit and bespoke business action plan as per PACKAGE 2.
- Learners will also follow up their training with dedicated, one-to-one Coaching. Coaching is designed to embed all of the skills and knowledge developed during the programme, with dedicated action plans designed to enable learners to achieve set personal AND organisational skills. This package is entirely bespoke to your specific organisation and we will work with you to identify strengths and areas for improvement.
SESSION 1 – MANAGING & UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF
It is important to understand yourself in particular understanding what we are good at and the skills we can bring to the organisation, our behavioural preferences i.e. which situations and people bring the best and worst out of us; and what we need to work on.
The session includes:
- Self-assessment of skills to benchmark strengths and areas for development
- Administration of 360 degree feedback to identify ‘open’, ‘hidden’ and ‘blind spots’
- Administration of Psychometric tool to identify behavioural preferences (Energy, Process of information, Decision Making and Approach to deadlines and tasks)
- Discussion of role and characteristics of a ‘Leader’
- Identify preferred Working Style and when and how to flex to get the best out of people and situation
- Development of personal action plan to address areas for development and achieve your personal and business goals
SESSION 2 – MANAGING & DEVELOPING EFFECTIVE RELATIONSHIPS
People are the most important resource any organisation. Your and your colleagues’ performance will underpin the success of your organisation so it is important that we fulfil our potential. People like working with people that they like and that are most like them. It is important to develop the skills to develop and maintain these working relationships.
The session includes:
- Audit of team to identify strengths and areas for development
- Administration of Team Profiling tool to identify Team Role preferences, how to best allocate tasks and improve interpersonal communication
- Practice of key skills to develop and maintain effective relationships (Rapport Building, Questioning, Listening, Feedback, Communication, Body Language)
- How to use GROW Coaching model in coaching, mentoring, appraisals and one to ones.
- Discussion of key skills and behaviours in offering excellent customer service to both ‘internal’ and ‘external’ customers
SESSION 3 – MANAGING KEY TASKS & THE RUNNING OF THE BUSINESS
Most of us find that we never have enough time. We are increasingly asked to do a lot more with the same or even less resources so we need to find a way to work smarter and not harder to ensure your key tasks get done and get done well.
The session includes:
- Tools to manage time and different approaches to manage workloads
- What is innovation, how to foster innovative thinking and have the confidence to present new ideas and ways of doing things better, faster and cheaper
- Administration of Innovation Behavioural Profiling Tool to measure Innovation capacity and Innovation Team Role
- The process of change and how to work through the periods of confusion, denial anger, blame, depression and finally acceptance
- Benefits and how to delegate (who to, what, when and how)
- Identify a range of Problem Solving and decision making techniques
Toolkit & Action Plans
PERSONAL & TEAM ACTION PLANS
At the end of each workshop, Learners will be required to put together an action plan outlining what they are going to do differently as a result of the training. The Action Plan provides opportunities for a return on investment for the organisation as Learners can work on ‘real life’ opportunities and challenges.
The participant will work through and takeaway an extensive toolkit of exercises, case studies, templates, to use back in the workplace.
Find out what some of our clients have said about BSA Training’s Leadership and Management Programme: