Using the ‘SCAMPER’ Idea-Generating Technique.
In need of new products, services or processes? Need some innovation?
The SCAMPER idea-generating technique is designed to kick-start yours or your teams thought process to arrive at the best idea to go forward with:
- Substitute something – Does the existing idea need to be replaced?
- Combine it with something else – An additional and progression of an existing idea
- Adapt something to it – Could other aspects be modified to your existing idea?
- Modify or magnify it – Does the existing idea simply need amended, specialising or manouevring?
- Put it to some other use – Could your existing idea work just as well, or better, in some other function?
- Eliminate something – Could something be removed from your existing idea to hone it’s speciality or simplify it?
- Reverse or rearrange it – Could your existing idea be changed or reversed to refresh it’s function?